Sunday, February 16, 2014

dining chairs at IKEA

I had a few hours to kill and decided to spend some time at IKEA. There are many uses of IKEA stores including dining (if you can call it that), entertainment, and of course (planned or rash) shopping. (Also, filming.) I discovered that sketching also has rich possibilities.




I have an ongoing fascination with chairs. Especially dining chairs. They seem to most closely reflect the same kinds of issues that arise in the conception of buildings, except on a much smaller scale... things like comfort, economy, structure, style, craft, ritual... I believe that dining tables should be full of different chairs, all with unique characteristics like the individuals sitting on them. Naturally, I bought yet another chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment