Monday, August 10, 2015

a trip to BC: part 1

Our summer vacation consisted of two parts: the first week, a drive to Vancouver Island; the second week, our annual participation at a family Bible camp closer to home. I've decided to post sketches from both weeks in tandem, one day after the other... today is part one of the first week, from the journey across the Georgia Strait to Nanaimo: the 1 hour wait to board the ferry with our vehicle at Horseshoe Bay, and some (impossible) sketches on the very windy deck on a beautiful, mid-summer afternoon. 

As I have mentioned elsewhere, although it took a good ten years, after living a few years in British Columbia I have come to love Alberta . But I must say the smell of the ocean breeze and the sight of rugged mountains reaching the coastline awakens something in my Japanese soul... 



No comments:

Post a Comment